Learning a software tool, usually is considered as a very time taking process and that which requires a lot of effort. But it need not be. The real problem, is with approach to learn anything which is taught right from school time. ‘The regular textbook approach.’ Let’s say a software tool has 200 features, one starts learning it from feature 1, feature 2 then feature 3 and so on.
Presenting the ‘Non Textbook Approach to Learning’ – A step by step approach which will change the way you learn tools forever!
1. Do not open the tool. Get a paper and pencil.
2. Directly start with a small problem statement. You need not know even a bit of the tool.
3. Wear the software creator’s shoes and write down what features you would put in to solve the above problem.
4. The actual creators of the software also thought in a similar way and have already provided a feature in the tool. Now is to go and find it out.
5. Get feedback from experts on the above and iterate.
6. Take a bigger problem and repeat everything In this way, you will learn much faster, remember what you have learnt for a long time and you get started right from day one.
You are always learning, but you are always a pro.
UX Designer, Amazon
I am a UX Designer at Amazon Pay India. I have been responsible for creating end to end experiences of several booking and payment categories at Amazon India. Flight booking, Train booking, Credit card bill payement. My profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/anudeep108/